Must know things while travelling to andaman with kids
Why would your Kids Remember these Islands?
Famed as the must-go honeymoon destination and a vacationers’ paradise, Andaman can be a cause of envy if the destinations had personalities for having so much for kids to get engaged in and make Andaman it their best vacation ever. The trip can both be educational and entertaining as the fundamentals go for any vacation with the kids. Andaman tour package with the inclusions of all the must-participate activities that both kids and adults can enjoy equally.
What a child has to learn on a trip here at Andaman:
- Activities like swimming and snorkelling
- Marine life as in the Ocean
- About the flora of the place (mainly the mangrove forests)
- About the native tribes if you take them to the anthropological museum
- Cellular Jail and its importance in our struggle for freedom
- What the vast expanse of sea really feels like
- About turtle nesting (if you are in season)
- About the high tide / low tide (spectacularly on Ross & Smith Islands, Diglipur)
- Boating every now and then
Since Andaman is inhabited by a mix of people with different ethnicities as far as India is concern you will feel like being in India but in all states at the same time. And the people here are very simple and honest. If you get a chance to talk to some locals you would know that many of them have not even stepped in the mainland India, as they call India with rest of its states and politics.
Reaching some destinations can be really tiring for little kids, boat or buses or ferries. Also, you need to ensure the safety of your kids during a boat ride as well as while having fun on the beach or any activities they are participating. Apart from this you are just left to enjoy a memorable vacation with a well-planned Andaman holiday package.
Here are the some must-do activities for the kids and the prime reasons why they are going to remember Andaman and want to return again.
- Listening/watching the Light & Sound Show organised at the Cellular Jail that tells the saga of the mutilated life lived by our unknown heroes of freedom struggle for us to breathe in a free India.
- Corbyn’s Cove (and at Ross Island too), you get to see Japanese underground tunnels and bunkers from the WWII!
- Visit Andaman Water Sports complex where all the water sports are brought together at one place to get the most of them.
- Sea-walking if your kid is over 7 years of age but only after the nod of the instructor (who checks for the feasibility)
- Scuba diving for kids off 11 years or more that too when his fitness is okayed after examining him for safety reasons.
- Glass Boat Ride in a Semi Submarine that offers under water sights but from the safety of the submarine.
- Beach fun including swimming till the point it is allowed.
- Snorkelling is allowed and enjoyable for the kids older than 4 years but exercising caution cannot be emphasized enough.
- Boat / Cruise Rides
- Visit Havelock Island in a Private Cruise to feel like a celebrity, nothing less.
- Uprooted trees and driftwoods make for a beautiful sandy beach of what people commonly refer to as Chidiatapu in Port Blair.
Spend a very memorable time with your family in Andaman even after you thought that the place is only couples in love when you were here on your Andaman Honeymoon package!