Main Features of an SMPP Server
If you are in the look out of a flexible source or tool that can provide you the scope of sending out mass text messages within a very short span of time then you must definitely go for an SMPP server. Cross-functional and versatile, SMPP solutions are specifically designed for meeting different requirements of aggregators, resellers and big companies. Nevertheless, SMPP or Short Message Peer-to-Peer is used in the form of a standard protocol by businesses for the transfer of message data. The name of this service does not imply its modus operandi but on the other hand, SMPP SMS gateway makes use of the client-server mode of operation. In the present times, it has been extensively tested by developers and providers across the world and can widely be used by businesses with mass messaging consumption.
Basic Terms Related to SMPP
If you are thinking of stepping into the world of using an SMPP server, it is important for you to be familiar with certain important terms and they are:
- MC or Message Center: It is the podium of the mobile network by way of which the messages get converted, stored and delivered.
- ESME or External Short Messaging Entity: It works in the form of an external application providing a connection to the message center.
- RE or Routing Entity: It is the network element that connects the message centers to one another.
- CBE or Cell Broadcast Entity: It works in the form of a multi-user control tool that broadcasts all the messages.
SMPP provides a robust, secure and powerful gateway. Going for an SMPP server is now considered the industry standard for sending bulk text messages to all network providers. This is a protocol that is extensively used by the companies operating in the telecommunications industry. They use it for exchanging messages between ESME and SMSC. There are mainly two varieties of SMPP products provided by the service providers and they are SMPP Aggregator and SMPP server panel. SMPP service providers look forward to delivering what the customers are in the look out of. At the end of the day, it is all about having the basics in perfect place. Nevertheless, the SMPP software that you get from the service providers comes packed with features such as:
- Instant Delivery: The server offers direct connectivity to telecommunication operators and even provides instant delivery of messages.
- Inbound SMS and DLRs: Inbound messages and quick message delivery reports on the podium are also supported.
- High Throughput: Users get the flexibility of sending billions of text messages every minute by making the effective use of a high throughput SMPP gateway.
- Send All Types of Messages: Almost all the different varieties of messages can be sent using an SMPP server. You can send promotional messages and transactional messages under single accounts.
- Bulk SMS Campaigning: There is no need for you to waste your valuable time in sending messages on your own. You can choose an SMPP service provider and they will set up a bulk SMS campaign for you.
- Guaranteed Leads: You get the flexibility of placing IVR numbers in your messaging content and this will help you in getting direct leads and calls from consumers.
- URL Tracking: You also get the scope of sending any URL by way of an SMS. There are providers who deal in SMPP servers that have the ability of auto-creating small URLs and providing accurate tracking reports for every message.
- Generate Traffic: You can get maximum traffic on your application or website through bulk text messaging with analytics.
- Reports & Analytics: Get crystal clear and useful delivery reports with live status. The advance DLRs provided by the solution providers’ offer you the assurity that your message has been delivered successfully.
- Rapport Building: You can build a good rapport with your clients by notifying them about the launch of new products and services or by helping them with their purchases.
Standing the Benefits of Using an SMPP Server
Are you in the lookout of an international or a local bulk SMS aggregator? If you are actually looking out for this solution then the need of the hour for you is location a trustworthy SMPPserver that goes a long way in addressing all your concerns. Handling the entire system can be a bit challenging but only to a certain extent. At the same time, it is necessary for you to ensure that you are having sustained growth. For managing the Bulk SMS business effectively, you can always count on the SMPP gateway service providers. They are adept at identifying areas and providing solutions that have their sole focus on the specific requirements of the customers.
SMPP servers made available by reliable service providers come in the form of powerful products that have the potential of helping the users in managing their SMS business in the best way possible. The servers are specifically designed in a way that they can easily work with all kinds of third-party applications, depending on available versions.